PSY630 Psychopharmacology – Savvy Essay Writers | savvyessaywriters.net
Place your order now – Savvy Essay Writers
- Ms. Jones is a 30-year-old female personal trainer that is 5’ 4” tall weighing 110lbs. She regularly drinks socially and sometimes more than a bit when she meets with her bi-weekly book club.
- Mr. Smith is a 65-year-old software tester who is 6’ tall and weighs 235lbs. He drinks only occasionally.
Assume no other significant medical history or issues with either patient. In your analysis, compare how the two patients will metabolize the drug considering weight, gender, distribution of body water and body fat, age, metabolic state, and alcohol use. Explain how these factors impact the pharmacokinetics of the drug (half-life, dosage, route of administration, and elimination of the drug). Evaluate the impact on the risk-benefits analysis of the use of this drug.
Advokat, C. D., Comaty, J. E., & Julien, R. M. (2014). Julien’s primer of drug action: A comprehensive guide to the actions, uses, and side effects of psychoactive drugs (13th ed.). New York, NY: Worth Publishers.
- Chapter 1: The Neuron, Synaptic Transmission, and Neurotransmitters
- Chapter 2: Pharmacokinetics: How Drugs are Handled by the Body
- Chapter 3: Pharmacodynamics: How Drugs Act
Gunja, N. (2013). The clinical and forensic toxicology of Z-drugs. Journal of Medical Toxicology, 9(2), 155-162. doi: 10.1007/s13181-013-0292-0
- The full-text version of this article can be accessed through the ProQuest database in the Ashford University Library. This author of this article examines the idea of pharmacologically similar dugs and some of the ideas behind toxicology.
Roehrs, T. & Roth, T. (2012). Insomnia pharmacotherapy. Neurotherapeutics, 9(4), 728-738. doi: 10.1007/s13311-012-0148-3
- The full-text version of this article can be accessed through the ProQuest database in the Ashford University Library. This authors of this article provide insight into the interaction of CNS depressants in general and the benzodiazepines.
PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW