What do you think are the different kinds of child care settings available to infants and very young children – Savvy Essay Writers | savvyessaywriters.net
Place your order now – Savvy Essay Writers
Seminar part I:
In 2005, the American Academy of Pediatrics reported that 61% of American children between the ages of 4 months and 3 years have spent time in non-parental daycare. In this Seminar, you discuss the pros and cons of putting very young children in the care of adults other than their parents.
Complete the Option 2 written assignment that follows. Your responses to the questions below should be composed in complete sentences and paragraphs and be 200–300 words in length.
Come to Seminar prepared to discuss:
- What do you think are the different kinds of child care settings available to infants and very young children?
- Which of these do you think is the most beneficial for the parents and the children? Why?
- Did you go to preschool or day care when you were younger? Why or why not? How did/or could you have benefitted from such an experience?
- What are some drawbacks to young children being in child care before attending school?
Discussion Board part II:
PL94-142 grants every child a free and appropriate public education in the least restrictive environment possible. However, many schools struggle to meet the needs of their students.
- In your own words, summarize what is meant by “Least Restrictive Environment.”
- What impact, if any, could this have on the education of children with disabilities?
- Identify the challenges that exist when it comes to providing school services to a diverse population of children.
- Next, please research the agencies that provide services to children with special needs in your local schools and community.
Discuss these services and tell us how they compare to what you read in the text and the IDEA website as appropriate services for these children.
Child Welfare and Family
Read Chapter 6, “Early Education and Care: School-Based Services,” in your text Exploring Child Welfare: A Practice Perspective.
Review the Web Resources below.
This is the link to the government site of IDEA, the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act of 2004.
PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW