SOCW6210 Week 4 Poverty in Young and Middle Adulthood – Savvy Essay Writers | savvyessaywriters.net
Place your order now – Savvy Essay Writers
As individuals transition into young and middle adulthood, they make important lifestyle decisions. These may include decisions about whom to marry or whether to marry at all. They may include decisions about whether to have children or about how to take care of elderly relatives. The decisions adults make in the young and middle adulthood life-span phase affect the new roles they assume, such as parent, spouse, significant other, or caregiver. Life changes may occur that require adults to adapt these roles, for example, to stepparent, widow, or divorcee.
This week, you explore the sociological aspects of young and middle adulthood. You consider the complexity of family systems as well as the macro systems that affect families. You also focus on poverty’s critical impact on family systems.
- Analyze the impact of poverty on individuals in young and middle adulthood
- Evaluate theories of poverty
- Apply genogram analysis to social work family cases
Discussion: Poverty in Young and Middle Adulthood
Use subtitle headings for post
Post a Discussion that includes the following:
- An explanation of how poverty impacts the experience of individuals in young and middle adulthood
- A statement as to whether you think poverty is the result of cultural or individual. characteristics; provide support for your position
- An answer to the following questions about the theory of poverty you selected:
- What aspects of this theory would be most suitable for your practice? Why?
- What aspects of this theory do you find problematic in terms of your knowledge of social work practice? Explain.
Be sure to support your posts with specific references to the resources and one peer reviewed reference. If you are using additional articles, be sure to provide full APA-formatted citations for your references.
Zastrow, C. H., & Kirst-Ashman, K. K. (2016). Understanding human behavior and the social environment (10th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 12, “Sociological Aspects of Young and Middle Adulthood” (pp. 549-616)
PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW