Policy defining the problem. – Savvy Essay Writers | savvyessaywriters.net
Place your order now – Savvy Essay Writers
This is a two -part discussion question:
I post the video that goes alone with the question. The first video goes with the part 1 and the second one goes with part 2
In this Discussion, select one of the four integrated videos and identify the problems experienced by the client(s).
- Who is defining the problem?
- What values are reflected in this definition of the problem?
- What is being omitted in this definition?
- What other problems do you see that are not being acknowledged?
Second part of the discussion: Different video:
- Describe another way the identified problem can be defined.
- What policy advocacy skills do you think should be used to address the identified problem?
- What makes a social problem a social work problem?
Jansson, B. S. (2018). Becoming an effective policy advocate: From policy practice to social justice. (8th ed.). Pacific Grove, CA: Brooks/Cole Cengage Learning Series.Chapter 7, “Analyzing Problems in the First Step of Policy Analysis” (pp. 204-243)
Midgley, J. & Livermore, M.. (Eds.). (2008). The handbook of social policy (2nd ed). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publication. Chapter 14, “ Critical Social Policy (pp 215-235) pdf
Community Toolbox. (n.d). Chapter 5 Section 3: Social planning and policy Change. Retrieved from http://ctb.ku.edu/en/table-of-contents/assessment/promotion-strategies/social-planning-policy-change/main
PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW