Case Study 1: Impetus of the DHS – Savvy Essay Writers | savvyessaywriters.net
Place your order now – Savvy Essay Writers
tudents, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Click the link above to submit your assignment.
Case Study 1: Impetus of the DHS
Due Week 2 and worth 50 points
Prior to the 9/11 attacks, there were a number of other “terrorist”
events that occurred on both U.S. soil and abroad. Read the article
discussing the Oklahoma City bombing, located at https://www.fbi.gov/history/famous-cases/oklahoma-…and the article discussing the 1993 World Trade Center bombings, located at http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2008/february/tradebom_022608.
These events, however, did not have the impact on the American psyche
and the political repercussions that accompanied the 9/11 attacks, such
as the creation of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). A Webpage
dedicated to the creation of the DHS is located at http://www.dhs.gov/creation-department-homeland-security.
Write a two to four (2-4) page paper in which you:
- Describe why the 9/11 attacks was the impetus for forming the Department of Homeland Security and raising greater awareness of terrorist attacks.
- Hypothesize why the Oklahoma City and 1993 World Trade Center bombings did not cause the dramatic impact as that of 9/11.
- Predict how these two (2) historical attacks could have potentially been diminished or avoided with the protections in place today.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the foundations of homeland security.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in homeland security.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to Homeland Security Organization and Administration using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Click here to view the grading rubric.
PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW